Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there with the toughest job on earth! I have mixed feelings today - I know in my heart that I am my son's mother already, but having him on the other side of the world makes me feel so helpless. I got a truly wonderful present for Mother's Day this year...updated pictures of our little guy! The last pictures we have of him are when he was eight months old and now he is twelve and a half months. I was disappointed to see that he is not smiling in any of these new pictures, but the support and reassurance of other AP's has set my mind at ease. For those of you who have maintained a blog of your journey I just want to say thank you! It is so inspirational when those of us waiting for our children see the enourmous changes your children go through from the time you meet them in the orphange to the day they are home with your family. It is amazing the difference in their eyes and smiles as they go from vacant stares to bright-eyed and happy toddlers basking in their mommy and daddy's love. Your stories and pictures keep me going and maintain my faith!

0 comments: