Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

First, I can't believe how fast the time goes...and yet it never feels fast enough when you are on the adoption journey. Every day is another day missed with your child. Most days I am pretty optimistic and daily life keeps your mind off the fact that you don't have your child home yet, but sometimes, well...imagine being pregnant and not knowing a due date - not even a month! Our son's room is near complete. It really is cute. Joe surprised me the other day with two new additions for his room: a lamp with giraffes and elephants and the matching bookends. They really are adorable. The "jungle" theme worked out well...it is not too overwhelming, but each thing in his room coordinates somehow. Again, I'll post pictures as soon as I stop being lazy and download them from my desktop. Promises, promises...lol.

The rest of the house has been made over too! Well, I think the house is always a work in progress, but knowing we will have a toddler to look after soon sort of puts a match under you to tie up loose ends. The outside looks beautiful. We had pavers put down on the driveway and a patio created in pavers. We were daydreaming today about the next fourth of July spent with our son on the patio watching the fireworks...sigh. The inside of the house is really looking great. Our last major project will be the bathroom. Also, Joe and I are going to attempt to make the basement as livable as possible just for some extra space for play, etc..

Once our home study was complete it was a waiting game for the report and favorable recommendation. We just got the final report in the mail on Monday and I was pretty annoyed when reading it and discovered that our social security numbers were wrong and several pages called me Susan and some referred to Joe as Bill. Needless to say, I called the supervisor and she assured me that the corrections would be made asap. It amazes me that these things could get past not just the person writing the report, but her supervisor as well! A few mistakes would be understandable, but certainly not names and social security numbers! Furthermore, this is such a time sensitve process with a child's life on the other end of all the "crap" that needs to be in order to get him home. You want things like this to be at a minimum. I can't complain too much though - our home study agency has been quicker than I have heard others report in time to turn it around.

So, that's all for now! Back to work tomorrow, fun, fun, fun - lol.

0 comments: