Monday, September 04, 2006

Back to School

Well, the new school year begins for me tomorrow! I have to admit that I am dreading it sooo much right now. Hearing this you may think that I do not like my job, but that is not true. However, teaching is an emotionally draining profession (especially middle school aged students with learning disabilities) and I don't feel up to the challenge. I am so drained emotionally from this adoption that I feel like I have nothing left to give. I pray that God will help restore my energy for this new year.

My mind is preoccupied with our adoption journey. The questions are constantly stirring around my mind. I am also dreading the bombardment of questions I will be asked by every single teacher who knows we are adopting: "So, what's new? When will you travel?" UUGGGH! I feel like tape recording a message and just hitting play every time I get questioned. Or better yet, perhaps I should post an e-mail to the entire school with an update that there IS NO update :-(

So, that is all I have to share right now. I pray that we get our I171h this week. I also hope that all of you out in blogland will get good news this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn - Just smile tomorrow and let your friends and fellow teachers smile back at you...they are excited and happy for you...New Cheerleaders! Yea! Dawn! I think I am leaving next Sunday or the following Wednesday...I hope so! Just got the word a few hours ago. Get some sleep! lol! - Lisa

Unknown said...

Dawn,
I know just what you mean about people asking how the adoption is going. I have the same problem. The first couple of months it was exciting to talk to people when they'd ask how things are going. Now, nearly seven months later I dread hearing the question, "how is the adoption going?". All I can do is sigh and say "slow".

It feels some times like people are questioning if I really am adopting. "what's taking so long?" "what's the holdup?" "i thought he'd be here by now?" Aaaack!!! It is a long process, longer than I knew it would be. That is why it's nice to be able to talk with people going through the same thing.

Don't let everything get you down though. I've found myself less excited lately as have you, we are in the same situation after all. I've decided to take action and bring a little excitement back into this adoption. Starting next week I am painting a mural on the wall in the baby's room. I am going to paint a meadow complete with yurts and horses. A little touch of Kazakhstan right in his future home!!! It should be fun and it does help me feeling like something is happening for us and for him.

Melissa said...

I go back tomorrow. I am also drained. I have been back at school for training for the past two weeks. They have not given us any time in our class so I come in early and leave extra late to work on my room. I didn't leave there today until almost 7pm. I better go crash so I do not fall asleep on them.lol