Thursday, December 21, 2006

Countdown to Travel

Well, we are definately traveling in January. The date we were told (tentatively) is January 10th. We are anxious to go and to finally be united with the child destined to be ours...whoever he may be. We are excited and nervous all at the same time. The tentative region is Astana. We have heard great things about that region and are glad if that is where we will be.

This has been one of the most difficult times of my life. I haven't been sleeping (which is unusual for me). Last night, my husband and I talked at great length with the director of our agency via conference call. It was a productive conversation and we expressed our concerns and fears. We are fully aware and expect there will be bumps in the road along the way - we are going to another country, do not speak the language, are nervous and excited to become first time parents, etc... We just don't want to experience the nightmare that some people have shared with us. We were reassured that this would not be the case.

I think of Alex every single day and wonder what his life will like. It is beyond sad that he will spend his life in an orphanage where his future is likely to be grim. I still pray the future will bring us the opportunity to adopt him.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you finally have some peace. Maybe now you can enjoy the Christmas season! I am so excited for you and Joe.

Lauren & Cupcake said...

YOU MADE MY DAY! I was in need of good news!

There are times we can't discuss things on our blog. We met a few cakes before we found our Cupcake.

You won't believe me until it happens but when you find the "ONE" who will be yours forever it will make past seem so long ago.

Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Anonymous said...

HHmmm, he will be in an orphanage? I thought his mom came back to get him? Or is she just not allowing him to be adopted? Well, none the less, you are on your way to Kaz very very soon to find your treasure. I am sooooooooo happy for you! Merry Christmas! Love, Tam

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just finished reading your blog. I don't know who your agency is but we have had a similar journey. Our agency is great but we have hit snag after snag with the paperwork. Our dossier just went to translation finally. Our I-171 expires in Feb.I just wanted to tell you you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am glad to hear you finally got some good news and will hope and pray that nothing will go wrong and that you will have an awesome time in KZ bonding with your son and getting to know his native country.

Jenny and Matt said...

Dawn,
Nice to finally see some better news. I have really been feeling for you these past few weeks, I know it has been a rough time. I hope looking forward to this trip will ease your spirit and allow you to have a peaceful holiday.
Merry Christmas to you and your family-
Jenny

Anonymous said...

So glad you are finally able to travel. I'll be praying for you and am very anxious to hear about your travels to meet your child.

Thad and Ann said...

I've been praying for you guys, you have been through so much! Astana is an awesome city (Jabari was there). The babyhouse is GREAT! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Love-
Ann

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great news. I am counting with you!!!