Sunday, December 24, 2006

Where is Baby De Lorenzo?

This is the front entrance of the orphanage where our son is. I am sure it will be surreal when we are actually walking up the path to the front door of what was once only a picture! I just can't wait to get there. I think the one thing I am most excited and nervous about is when they bring him to us...I keep imagining what he will do first. I hope I can contain myself! A part of me still doesn't believe it is actually going to happen...I am going to be a mommy! My dh was sitting across the room this morning surfing the net and we had Jack FM playing their awesome morning acoustics and I was overwhelmed with joy. I love my hubby more than words can express and the fact that he is going to be our son's father fills my soul wih pure joy and gratitude. He is going to be the best daddy! I can't wait to bask in the image of our son in his arms.

So, I have a long list of boy names that I like, but Joe wants to wait to see him and what his name is. He thinks it is good if we can keep his name since it is one of the most important things he will have from Kazakhstan. We'll have to see...all I know is most of my list makes Joe roll his eyes :-) He isn't into trendy names.

I think it is too funny that I have felt soooo prepared to just get on the plane and go - now I am in a panic about packing. I am so worried I will forget something essential. We are going to focus on what we need to bring for the baby. We are only bringing two outfits each for everyday wear and one nice outfit for court. We are bringing sheets and our pillows. I want to use the spacebags, but I have to find out if they have vacuums in the apartments, otherwise we won't be able to suck the air our when repacking. I have the larger ones that you need the vacuum for - not the roll-up ones.

Good thing I am off all week! :-)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn, I am so excited for you and you are only going about 3 hours north of where our sweet daughter was born and our coordinator had to go to your region to get our daughter's passport. I can't wait until that little guy is in your arms....all the frustration and pain will fade away in that surreal and awesome moment.

Thad and Ann said...

Yay!! I'm so happy for you! Soon you will be holding YOUR son!! Enjoy every moment!
Love-
Ann

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see your spirits up! :) Can't wait to follow your journey. You'll be heading to KZ just as we are coming home. Our return date will hopefully be the 9th. :) I am so excited for you!

Sarah

6blessings said...

Glad you are going to meet your son. Don't worry about the packing. You'll do great.

Anonymous said...

So glad you found out your region and you are leaving soon. Finally becoming a mommy sounds like an overwhelmingly wonderful experinece.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! How exciting. I am so happy for you!