Thursday, January 18, 2007

Shame on American Idol!


I give this season of American Idol a BIG thumbs down! I decided quickly that I would not tune in this year after Simon humliated a young man by comparing him to a "creature" in the jungle because of his "massive eyes." What the heck were you thinking Simon? There are young people everywhere who are bullied and abused for the way they look in school to the point that they commit suicide they are in so much pain! If Simon wants to rip into contestants for their singing abilty (or lack of) that is understandable and expected. However, making callous remarks about their appearance is uncalled for. I will not support the show. What do you think? Weigh in on the poll I created at the top of my blog.

1 comments:

The Cook said...

I totally agree. When he called that guy a "bush baby" I was ticked off. I think he is too cruel. I am addicted though and will probably still watch. I love when itgets down to the final 12. There is some real talent. I love Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson so I am excited about what is to come. Sorry about Joe's dad :(