Saturday, February 17, 2007

100th POST!!!


Happy 100th post to me! I think it is pretty appropriate that this would be my100th post as today was the day we went to withdraw all of our fresh crisp Ben Franklins from the bank :) We felt pretty special ~ the manager was waiting for us and took us into his office. We filled out the withdrawal slip and he went and retrieved the bills they hand selected just for us! He counted it out on the desk in front of us, put it in an envelope and wished is luck. Oooohhhh-Aahhhh. Yes, I know ~ quite the uneventful trip to the bank for someone who is not adopting. For those of us who are adopting...well, it is quite a different story. You have to hold yourself back from bringing the camera and asking the bank manager to count slow enough so you can catch him in action. What you really want to do is reenact the entire transaction in slow motion (like on your wedding day) so you can snap a picture of him greeting you, a pic of you smiling as you fill out the withdrawal slip, him happily counting out the money for you...oh, yes ~ you explain to the manager how this is all for your child's lifebook. Hehehe! I controlled myself though. No pictures :( Oh well!

Hubby and I stopped at the mall so he could exchange two sweatshirts he purchased the other day because they didn't fit. The fact that they didn't fit was, of course, no big surprise to me, since I am confident I know what will fit him better than he does. I can't tell you how many times I have told him that he needs to try things on...and how many times he insists he knows his size and doesn't need to try it on. I just stared at him like a head of lettuce as he explained to ME that apparently one size at Tommy Hilfiger doesn't mean the same size will fit you at Old Navy. Brilliant! Hmmm...did I not say that perhaps a million times already? Gals - are ya with me here...geez! I guess this is good practice for when I tell my son something and it goes in one ear and out the other :) Oh my...I am starting to sound like a mother!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!

makandaddie said...

YIPEE! Can't wait to read about your very first visit with your son. Give someone else the camera so that you can be sure to have those first minute pictures. I'm glad others thought to snap those photos for us, because neither my husband or myself could have functioned to push a button :)

Happy flying!

Lisa Masse