Saturday, February 24, 2007

A GREAT DAY WITH STEPHEN!

"Hey mom...I like this pacifier better! Thanks!"
Stephen loves this toy...he likes the music! He tested each of the star-shaped rings by tasting them :) He has four teeth ~ 2 on top and 2 on the bottom.

Thank God! Daddy had fun with Stephen today! He let daddy hold him and play with him!
We had a GREAT day today!!! Stephen only cried for a minute at the beginning, but then he was fine the restof our visit! We got smiles and giggles and interaction. He has a good grasp, he tracks with his eyes and understands basic cause and effect. His legs are very weak so we have to work on that. He is VERY alert to sounds. He loves music! Unfortunately, I can't tell if he is "dancing" or continually rocking. The rocking worries me...anyone have advice on that???
Daddy had the best time today! Stephen allowed Joe to hold him without crying. He played with him and Joe got giggles too! He is one happy daddy today :) Stephen is soooooo cute I culd eat him up! He stared at me a lot today with a lot of eye contact. They didn't have him dressed on ten layers of clothes today - lol. We can't wait to see him tomorrow!!! I hate leaving him there :(

10 comments:

Yeah So said...

He is really really beautiful guys! I would say you must be thrilled but I can see it on your faces! Lucky boy and lucky parents!

Jenny and Matt said...

Wow! Today looks great - good for you.

meena said...

I am so happy to see he is awake today and feeling better! I can really understand why you "want to eat him up", he is really a beautiful baby. It looks like today was a much better day for all of you with him interacting more. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

The Cook said...

Cute pictures Dawn! I am so glad he is adjusting to Joe. What a sweet little boy.

Unknown said...

I am so glad to see Stephen awake and alert. Looks like he if feeling much better now. Hooray for you Joe!! It was good to see a picture of daddy holding his boy. I am SO happy for both of you. Looks like your visits are going to start getting really fun now. Oh, funny thing about the clothes he is wearing... I recognize them! That is the same little overalls that Sanjar (our lost referral) was wearing in his pictures. Again, I am so happy for you two. It's been a long road and you deserve every second of happiness!!

Chris Sapp said...

Stephen looks like he feels so much better today! What a happy family :-)

Beckie said...

He is simply adorable and as you spend that one-on-one time with him he will just emerge more and more in his development and personality. Yeah that he finally went to daddy!

The Zalomski Adoption said...

aaaw, your pictures brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations...he is absolutely beautiful and he is a lucky boy to have you as parents. What a blessing for you and for him. It will only get better from here. Askar was sick when we first met him too. Congrats again and enjoy your time there and with your new baby.
Dotty Zalomski :)

Kim said...

I'm glad you guys are having a great trip.

keoghclan said...

Gosh he looks so alert today - what lovely eyes Stephen has!! Joe and Dawn you both look so happy, your picture should be on show to all 'pre-adoptive' parents - to give them hope!!

Enjoy this time, your little man is a lovely little fella!!

The Keogh's