Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy FIRST Birthday Stephen!

"Yummy! I wasn't allowed to eat cake, but Mommy let me lick frosting from her finger!"
"Okay...I think I had enough of this hat now."

"Are you going to put this candle on my cake?"

"Yeah it's my birthday. I guess it's a big deal to all these people!"

Here is the cute cake we picked up yesterday! It was good - lots of marshmallow.
Stephen's birthday was great! He really was ham with all the attention! He was all smiles as soon as he saw us! The caregivers said he knows we are his mama and papa :) The hat was just way too cute!!! It took a long time before he realized he didn't want it on his head anymore. Axana, from the Ministry of Education, was there today too. The caregivers wouldn't let him eat cake :-( I did sneak him some frosting though :) We bought the newspaper here for a momento of his first birthday! It was a very good day indeed! We are also amazed that tomorrow is Friday and we are approaching two weeks here in Kaz. We can't wait until we can be with Stephen all day!


10 comments:

Bekah said...

Happy Birthday Stephen! LOVE the cake. He is precious!

Chris Sapp said...

Happy 1st Birthday Stephen! I love the hat :-) He's so used to wearing them all the time, he probably didn't think a thing about it :-) The cake is beautiful! I remember being so impressed with how beautiful all the cakes were at the bakery! I can't believe its been 2 weeks already!

Michelle Smiles said...

Happy Birthday!
That cake looks amazing!

Beckie said...

I love the hat, the cake is gorgeous and would love to have had a taste of it. I bet it was yummy. What a fun celebration....Happy 1st Birthday, Stephen.

Alleen said...

Happy birthday Stephen!!!

Wow - the cake!!! I have been stressing to find a cake for Gabriella's first birthday that I love that won't break the bank. why, oh why can't I find adorable ones like that????

Melissa said...

very cute cake. Happy birthday. When do you come home?

The Cook said...

Just what I needed a dose of stephen. So cute. I am so glad he had a good birthday. Any news on a court date?

Thad and Ann said...

awww, what a cute Birthday boy!! Love the hat. :-) His cake is beautiful! Wow, I can't believe you have been there for almost 2 weeks!!

Yeah So said...

Cute hat, cute cake and adorable boy! Great idea to get the newspaper too.

meena said...

Happy Birthday Stephen! I am so happy you are able to spend this day with him. What a great memory for you and Joe to have.