Saturday, March 31, 2007

Moving to a New Apartment :(




I am not happy about it, but I have to move to another apartment tomorrow :( Apparently, the owner of the one I am in only wanted to rent it until April 1st. God, I just want to go home. I am really sick of this place. I know many people have said they loved and enjoyed their time here, but that certianly is not how we have felt. Don't get me wrong...the people have been very nice. However, being apart while becoming a family is the last thing that any new mother and father would want.

Stephen is ding well. He seemed a little crabby today, but who can blame him? He is probably sick of that little room and the same old toys every day. He is always tired by the end of our visit and wants to sleep, but they tell me not to let him sleep. It is quite the task. I can't wait to get some REAL nutrition into his little body. Some iron - the boy needs some iron! Okay, so that is it for my gripe session. Enjoy the pics!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We are leaving tomorrow... wonder if they are moving you to our apartment? If you end up across from the fire station then you'll know they did! Sorry they are making things even tougher on you. I hope the rest of your time here goes by quick. It's hard to be here when you don't speak the language and can't read the signs and can't go where you want when you want... and a hundred other things. Being here alone has to make it even worse. In just a few short days Stephen will be with you though and he will keep you busy and brighten up your days!!! Hang tough Dawn, you are a strong person.

Anonymous said...

That is a shame that they are making you change apartments so close to your time there being up.....maybe the Lord will show you a bright spot to it once you get to the new one.

Stephen is just adorable and looks so happy. He is truly going to bring you much joy and happiness.

Soon you will be going on....keep hanging on Dawn.

Beckie

Thad and Ann said...

Oh that stinks. It will get better once you have Stephen with you, you can spend your time spoiling him. :-) I know this is tough being apart from Joe, just take one day at a time, you will be going home soon I promise. Once you get to Almaty you can go to the Art & Central Museum, walk to the war memorial park, there is a beautiful chyrch at the park, there will be new things to do to break up the everyday hum-drum. Hang in there.
Hugs-
ann

Brenda said...

Dawn,
There was a great Italian/Chinese restaurant (Chinese one side - Italian the other) in the Ram Store mall in Almaty in 2004. I loved the Italian food there - especially their lunch specials. There was a salad bar that reminded me so much of home. Maybe you can go there once you get to Almaty. Soon you will be in Almaty and that is a big step closer to home. God will get you through it!
Brenda

Kim said...

I'm so sorry you are having to move. I can't imagine having to be there that long without your DH. I hope the rest of your time goes quickly.

Karla said...

Dear Dawn: I am sorry that you have to change your "nest", your familiar comfort zone...I hope that the move is smooth, but, I know that you will cope. Hoping that you can get home soon...Love, Karla

Karla said...

Dear Dawn: it is now Sunday evening, about 9:15pm PDT...so, I am guessing that you have moved...hope it went well for you, and you can enjoy your new "digs"...hope that something there is better for you than where you were!

Thinking of you, Love, Karla