Thursday, April 19, 2007

I am Just as CONFUSED as Everyone Else

While this ruling today was NOT positive for Inna...it was neutral for us I suppose. This court basically rejected her appeal, but it is beyond their scope to sort through all of this mess - that is for family court to deal with in their eyes. It will be a big production now - all these witnesses: police, neighbors, caregivers at the orphanage, Inna's former orphanage director, etc... will have to appear in court to testify. This POA is TOTAL nut!!! Inna could not get a single fact straight today in court. She apparently lives with this POA dirty old man, but also lives with some other guy! She doesn't know who the baby's father is. The judge asked Mr. POA if he is the father and he said no, but Inna just didn't answer. Half the time she had no answer and contradicted herself! It is amazing that these low-lifes' have the right to screw a child's entire life up with NO REPERCUSSIONS!

Axana, the woman from the MOE broke down and cried after court out of sheer anger and frustration. Anyone who knows Axana will be surprised to hear that - she is the most cool, calm and collected lady you could ever meet. I broke down IN COURT as the psychologist was explaining that Stephen is delayed...he is a year old next week and can't sit up by himself! She described the condition he was in when he arrived to the orphanage and I wanted to reach over and strangle Inna!

Many have asked if it will be the same judge in the court - NO. It has to be a new judge, new prosecutor, etc... I suppose it is positive that the judge who originally ruled in our favor obviously works with whoever will get the case. I have no doubt that these judges talk and influence one another.

I can't even keep track of Inna's story myself. Maybe that is the key - have no answers to anyone's questions in life and you can just walk around clueless and not be responsible for anything. When people try to hold you accountable just give them six different answers until they give up. God only knows who she is sleeping with, who she is living with, who she is pregnant by, where she lives...it is all a big mystery. Amazing the amount of power this 19 year old GIRL can weild over so many lives.

BEWARE: Our case has made them change the rules!!! If a baby is abandoned...now the orphange must take steps to find the mother. If they can't find her they need a judge's ruling that she is "missing" in order to have all their ducks in a row if this case ever comes up again. Sadly, now that our case has opened up a pandora's box...the prosecutor is objecting other adoptions...Almagul is dealing with many appeals now!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am so sorry that this is happening to you....will be praying the new judge with the help of your POA will rule to give Stephen what he needs and deserves....you and Joe as his parents.

Beckie

Ani said...

Words fail me - I am speechless and heartbroken for you and your family. I pray that God will give you strength to endure and prevail, and that your son can come home soon.

Jeremy & Debbie Groh said...

Dawn,
I was awake at 2:00am and ran to the computer to see how court went. I wanted to post then but the outcome was not what I had expected and I had a complete loss for words. We still hold you in our prayers and I believe that in the end you will be leaving with your baby. Did they give you any indication of when the next court date is? Are you for sure coming home or have you decided to stay. I wish I could send you some more strength so that you can continue. Please know that you are always in our prayers and if you need anything, please let us know. We would love to do anything that we can.
Deb, Jay, & Sean

Cathy said...

Dawn:
So very sorry for the ongoing delays. Have they set the date for the hearing by the urban court? I agree that your original judge, who supported your adoption decree, will have the ability to discuss the case with the new judge. I am sure you are exhausted but know that we continue to pray strength and peace for you and Joe.

Esther said...

You are still in my thoughts and prayers every day.
When is the next court date?
Hugs to you, Esther

Suz and Matt said...

This is just crazy. What does Inna and the POA want? Power? Its not the boy, since they've not visited him. Clearly Inna is incompetant.

They have to give Stephen to you, its just a matter of when. My heart is breaking for you, Joe and Stephen. I'm just in shock here. Still praying for you...

Karla said...

Dear Dawn and Joe...I am so sorry that this is happening...your anger and frustration are all too understandable...I do not understand what God is doing here. I truly do not. I can only hang onto who HE is...kind, good, loving, JUST, compassionate...even when we don't see it. Other than that, I am at a loss...that things can be so bad...but, it's just as bad w/our own "Foster Care" system: childen languish while egg-and-sperm-donors keep children from loving families. Still praying, still love you...keep us posted on what you need to do. Love, Karla

The Cook said...

I am going to call you in one hour. I cam so upset by all of this and heart broken for you and Joe.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness. What a mess.
I hope they schedule the court date soon for it all to continue. This poor little boy that you love so dearly just wants a home and one day I hope you are able to share with him just how special he is after all you are going through to bring him home.
Praying

mommyto5 said...

So...sad I feel your pain and frustration and pray that this awefulness is over soon and you can bring your baby boy home.God Bless you and your precious family.

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry this ordeal keeps going on and on. I cannot imagine the frustration and heartache you must be feeling right now. It is so tragic that the courts are willing to let Stephen remain in limbo (as well as you and Joe), while they muddle their way thorough this.

I'm wishing you continued strength and hoping this all is resolved (in your favor) soon.

Kim said...

I don't even have words. Keep us updated - and you are in my prayers!!

keoghclan said...

This whole situation just stinks. What frustration for you and Joe (not to mention heartbreak) Are you coming home now?? Not too sure what you are going to do, just want you to know we are all here for you and I am so sorry that you did not get the full answer you wanted today.

I just keep thinking of Stephen still in the BH - poor little mite. I so so hope everything works out Dawn.

Cheerio

The Keoghs in Toronto

mason's mom said...

Dawn, I am sorry that this has continued this long. How long until you go back to the rural court? Are you still planning on leaving Ust? Why can Inna visit Stephen and you can't? I hope that this is resolved soon and that you are reunited with Joe and Stephen. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sheri

Thad and Ann said...

I am so this happened sorry for you guys & Stephen, how unfair for him to be stuck in the babyhouse. I will keep praying for you guys.
Ann

The Cook said...

I tried calling several times last night and the line was busy.

Unknown said...

Keeping you in prayer for this difficuly (to say the least) situation. God's ways are not always clear to us, keep looking toward Him.

The Cook said...

Are you home safe?

tizzy said...

Dawn, I don't know what to say, I am at a loss for words. So unlike me. Some how ,some way I know in my heart this child will become your son. You are on everyones mind at WMS. Bonnie and I try to keep everyone posted on whats going on. We are all hoping this ordeal will be over soon. Keep the faith.
Debbie

Hannah's Mom said...

Just checking in to see how you are. Are you still in Kaz, or are you home now?

jillw920@hotmail.com said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I'm continuing to pray for you and your family.

Jill