Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Court Date...

We were told this morning that court will "begin" on May 16th. I say "begin" because it may last a few days because there are so many people that must testify. Joe and I feel relieved that the date is upon us. However, there is also a guarded feeling that comes with this news. There are so many uncertainties! Inna may not show up - then I assume they would reschedule? Also, even after the hearing, Inna (and her POA) can still appeal the decision one more time. If she (they) want they can appeal all the way to Supreme Court. We were assured that this is unlikely considering she has little to no resources and he is not an attorney. They would have to petition the court in Astana for that appeal.

I just pray this ends very, very soon. I want to be able to go and bring our son home when school is out.

15 comments:

Karla said...

Oh, please keep us posted on any news, and let us know how you are doing...we are thinking of you and praying for you every day. Hopefully, on 5/16, you will have positive news for us to celebrate...Love, Karla

Unknown said...

Glad to hear there is finally a date set. I am sure the next week will feel like it is dragging along for you. The three of you will remain in our prayers until Stephen can come home.

Kim said...

At least you now have a date. Prayer - prayer - prayer!!!

Unknown said...

We're keeping your situation in prayer. This is good news that court has been scheduled, only a few more days.

Anonymous said...

You are definitely in the prayers of many that 5/16 will bring good news and answers as to when you can go bring your son home.

Beckie

The Cook said...

I am so glad there is good news. I am looking forward to hearing what happens on the 16th. You are in our thoughts.

Chelley said...

praying so hard for your family.....

Please be an end in site

Melissa said...

Well, at least the date is sooner than you expected. I hope this is the final decision so that you can go on with your lives. I can't imagine what this dragging on is doing to you. Let's hope Stephen comes home this month.

Deb said...

Very glad to hear the set date. It's nice to have something to pray towards.

6blessings said...

I'm so glad that you have a date. Hopefully this is the very last court date and things will be settled and you can go get him and bring him home forever.

Karla said...

I love the verse for today (Wed, 5/9)...it says so much of how we feel about you and the situation w/Stephen...praying you have the courage, strength and conviction to continue being a witness...Love, Karla

Ani said...

you are always in my prayers. hope may 16th comes quickly and brings amazing news.
all the best.

Cathy said...

Lots of prayers lifted up for you, Joe and Stephen!

mommyto5 said...

Prayers that you hear good news soon and can bring your baby boy home.

Jenni said...

I hope it ends soon too. I'll be keeping you, Joe and Stephen in my thoughts.