Monday, May 14, 2007

Frustrated

Since court is Wednesday - Joe e-mailed Nigmat and asked if we could call him late Wednesday night (Thursday am in Kaz) to get an update. Unfortunately, Nigmat will be out of the country and gave us the old adage that "...if God wants you to win you will" and told us to "pray and be patient"! Ummm - hellllllooooo!!!! We have been patient! I don't think we are asking for a lot when we say we want to know what occurs in court each day! God, I just want this to end!!! I want this to end, I want this to end, I want this to end, I want this to end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am seriously depressed and on the road toward needing some electric shock treatment at this point...perhaps I can just stick a fork in the socket and get the same result?

Honestly, I can't do this anymore. I need this to end - even if the outcome is not what we want. I need to move forward. Being in limbo for this long is making me sick. How can any person on earth look at pictures of their son and yet hold back emotions since he may not end up being with you? How can we work so hard to save money (selling things on e-bay and amazon and asking for donations, etc...) in order to afford the flight back to Kazakhstan while living in fear that we won't have to go back to Kazakhstan? How do I mourn and yet hold onto faith at the same time? Every single decision in our lives hinges on whether or not we are going to be Stephen's parents! I can't even sign up for a flexible spending account at work for childcare since we don't know if we will have a child!

12 comments:

Kim said...

Dawn - I'm so sorry. I don't have words. Is there anyone else that can give you an update? I think you guys deserve that. I'm not going to tell you to hold on, to have faith, to be patient and positive. I will tell you that I'm praying for you. Let us wrap you in God's love.

Anonymous said...

I cannot blame you for your frustration and wanting answers....I want them for you too.

Beckie

Dana said...

I can't even begin to understand what you are going through, I just pray to God that you become Stephens mom. I know there are no words to make you feel better Dawn, just know your are in my thoughts and I am praying it all works out in your favor. Praying really really hard.

Karla said...

Dear Dawn and Joe: I am so sorry that Nigmat is treating you so shamefully...for him (or Orson) to spout "God's will" stuff is awful. I wish I could "fix" this...I wish that this was "over", so you could "move on"...but...the fact is, this is what it is. All you have to do is get thru today...just today. And tomorrow, just get thru tomorrow. And the next day.

Praying for you...Love, Karla

The Cook said...

I feel for you babe. I can't believe they will not give you an update. I hate that God's will stuff because it was not his will for you to go through all of this. No one should have to endure so much pain. I am praying for tomorrow

Thad and Ann said...

I can't blame you to feel this way, I cannot imagine how this would wreak havic on one's emotions. I am praying for you & hope that God will answer your prayers & you will have Stephen in your arms soon.
Hugs-
Ann

Esther said...

We went to Russia to adopt our little girl, then went home for 8 months, trying to bring her back with us. Every day was a gut wrencher. What I learned is you have to take it one day at a time, even one moment by moment, or I could lose my mind.

Suz said...

I'm praying you'll get answers, it's not too much to ask.

Genevieve said...

Dear Dawn and Joe,

I am so sorry you are stuck in this place, for an unimaginably long time.

I think that it is unacceptable for you to have to wait for a court update. I think it should come from the representative who went to court, and I think you should have direct access to the agency's director at all times.

I work hard to be mindful of the unearned privilege that comes with being a white US citizen and hope not to conduct myself in an entitled way, and these are still my thoughts. I do not think it is too much to ask in the extraordinary circumstances you find yourselves in.

I am thinking of you and Stephen and all those who care for him today and tomorrow. I hope that you all will find yourselves in each other's arms very soon!

genevieve

keoghclan said...

Just back from a couple of weeks away and got caught up on your BLOG. That stinks they tell you to trust God etc.,..................I would be gone mental by now myself just waiting.

I so hope you hear something this week Dawn.

The Keoghs in Toronto.

Cathy said...

No easy words of comfort (wish there were some to give)....just heartfelt prayers for you, Joe and Stephen.

Karla said...

Good Evening Dawn and Joe: it is now 8:45pm PDT, which means that it is at least 11:45pm EDT...which means that it is almost noon in KZ? Just wondered if you have heard anything from Nigmat's people in KZ, or from Orson....Love, Karla