Monday, July 31, 2006

The Ho-Hums

First, I just want to say thank you to all the people who posted or e-mailed me words of encouragement! The wait is a killer and only those going through it or have been there can truly understand the frustration. Well, the new school year is approaching fast and it feels like it is way too soon. I taught the summer session which just ended last week so that contributes to my feeling the "back to school blues" along with the middle school students I teach :-)

On a positive note - my best friend is having a shower for me on August 5th and I am really excited to see my friends! I am originally from Long Island, and although the commute is just under two hours it seems I get there less and less each year. I have great friends and they are like family to me.

Another positive note is that a few people from NJ have e-mailed me and said that the turn around time from fingerprinting to I171h was not 12 weeks, but mostly around 5 weeks. The faster the better! Of course I will continie to do my I171h chant and voodoo dance each night and pray to the one Big Man who can make miracles happen...hopefully all of that will move it along.

I also want to wish some of my blog friends who are soon traveling or are already on their journey all the best as they begin this most precious new chapter in their lives!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Whew! Five weeks is WAY better than 12. Come ONNNNNNNNNNNNN I-171H! :)

Sarah

Thad and Ann said...

Waiting on that last piece of paper is SOOO hard! I was so relieved when we finally got it & our part was DONE! :-) I pray you get it in 5 wks or less!

Ann

bethee said...

Turn around time from fingerprints to approval for us was under a week. I later learned that most of the offices will approve the same day (as long as all other paperwork is in), and its just the writing of the 171/797 that takes the time.

Fingers crossed for ya!

Overwhelmed! said...

Don't I know it, the waiting is excruciating!! It'll all be worth it in the end, believe me!

Hang in there. :)