Friday, August 11, 2006

And the days go by...

The days are ticking away and I should be happy since we are closer each day to traveling, but I feel like a hamster in a wheel. A new school year is almost upon us and I am usually ready to start by now, but I am feeling stuck in the mud. I know I am not alone in this...so many of us are waiting for the next step in our adoption journey.

I am not sure why, but I have been having A LOT of dreams about my past. It is very normal for me to dream...I have very vivid dreams, but to dream every night about my past is unusual. They aren't bad dreams either - just makes me wonder why the sudden onset of dreams relating to people from my childhood and teen years.

There are many couples (and single too) from our agency who are traveling soon or already in Kaz. I have them in my prayers and my heart is filled with joy for them! I know that each step of the journey will have ups and downs. I am focusing on prayer and I am thankful for this time "in wait" as it has forced me to focus on Him and His word and strengthen my faith.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck as you enter the new school year! If you are like me, it might be harder to concentrate this year though, because adoption is always at the fore front of my mind. I swear I have turned into a space cadet since this all started!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn- I am a friend of Lynn M. thanks for sharing your story so far. I am in the process of adopting - the waiting to travel stage--- not a fun stage I would feel much better if I had my travel date. Best wishes,
Natalie

Overwhelmed! said...

Perhaps you're dreaming so much about your past because you've had to dredge it all up in the homestudy process. I experienced a bit of that myself.

Best of luck on your wait to travel! We're waiting to, not to travel but to get matched for a second child. We've had a couple of leads but nothing solid yet. The waiting is touch, no matter how many times you go through it!

Melissa said...

I am right there sister. The school year is about to start and I am torn between trying to get my room and lessons ready and doing stuff for the adoption. The wait is too long. It is funny you should mention dreams. Last week I had two dreams back to back of teenage friends.