Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy August!


It is hard to believe that it is August already! I am turning 32!!! this Sunday. My 30th was a hard birthday, but since then I have been okay. I suppose I'll get the blues again when I reach the 35 mark...something about being able to round up to 40 ;-) Tomorrow we get our fingerprints and then pray, pray, pray for a speedy I171h! My shower is Saturday too, so that will help ease the waiting time. I have been trying to do things that I know I won't have time to do when I go back to work in September. I am making our packing lists, cleaning up the basement, getting rid of old clothes (that unfortunately do not fit anymore), and preparing a lot of "TO DO" lists. Of course I have been blogging and obsessively reading up on my favorite blogs and perusing the Kazakhstan Yahoo group. It is great to be able to get answers to questions that pop up along the way.

I have been trying to focus on my faith and turning over my worries and fears to Him and not preoccupying my thoughts with things out of my control. This, needless to say, is not so easy for someone who is used to taking action when wanting something. Loss of control is not something I handle with ease. Praying and reading God's word helps me feel more secure in the bigger PLAN.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I too have been trying to organize our home one room at a time so things are ready for Elijah to come home from Guatemala. My mom said that I'm just nesting!!