Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Losing Faith

Our dossier went to the Embassy on November 1st. Another client using our agency sent her dossier to the Embassy on November 6th. Her dossier was sent to Kazakhstan on November 16th. Ours??? Nothing! Ours is still sitting somewhere for the past 20 days! Most people do not spend nearly a month waiting for their dossier to go to Kazakhstan. I feel so angry and powerless.

This adoption process has really tested my faith and, in many ways, I have lost faith. There are days I ask God if He has forgotten us. Why were we chosen to undergo so many difficulties and challenges? Why were we not able to conceive a child? Why are we now going through hell with this adoption with an agency that isn't proactive. I don't think I can take much more of this. This is only a foretaste of the hell we will probably experience in Kazakhstan. If we can't get assistance when we are here in the U.S. - we will surely be on our own in Kaz.

6 comments:

The Cook said...

Dawn,
I know how frustrated you are and I am not going to tell you to have faith because that doesn't make me feel better either. It is not that we don't have faith it is just the powerless feeling that is so upsetting! I am used to having problems and issues...that is life but not being able to do anything to solve the problems or make the issues go away is another story.
Hang in there girl. I understand what you are feeling. You have come too far to give up. I am here if you ever want to vent...I know I have talked your ear off about Mr. AIP. Try to have a great thanksgiving and let's both be thankful that we have such wonderful husbands who are the best men on earth!

Just eat some turkey instead of talking about the turkey (ie-Orson), Enjoy the stuffing instead of telling him to stuff it, Indulge in Gravy instead of thinking about the gravy train he rides on, remember the indians and try not to think of scalping him AND MOST OF ALL ENJOY THE PUMPKIN PIE BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE YOUR PUMPKIN HOME SOON!

Anonymous said...

Truly sorry you are being put through the emotional roller coaster and so many disappointments in this adoption process. I wish I could tell you when it will work out...but keep trying to look up to the One who Sees it all.

Alleen said...

I don't have any practical advice. But, I am praying for you. I hope you have renewed faith soon.

Jennifer said...

Our dossier was at the embassy for 2 or 3 weeks I think. We were told to expect 6 weeks as an AVERAGE.

I found we could not really compare ourselves to others, even using the same agency, because paperwork tends to end up on different desktops at the embassy. Well, ok we were not supposed to compare with others but we did topass the time and get frustrated :-)

I am glad we had the delays we did because we met a great child and travelled at a great time,May/June when we could get out a experience the country more than colder months. So maybe there is a bigger plan.

Sure we missed out on the first 10 months or so of his life, but we have so many more months ahead to spend with him....and he had a headstart on potty training and eating solid food!

Rhonda said...

Just wanted to say hang in there, and there's lots of out there rooting for you. There's no way around it, the wait is really hard. This whole process is just NUTS! I wish I had some great words of wisdom, but all I can say is that when you bring them home, everything else seems to be minor in comparison. You're in my prayers.

adoptedthree said...

for every season a reason and a time for every purpose

It will be and a joyous occasion at that!!!:)