Saturday, November 25, 2006

A Tribute to My Husband...


I have often said that I am married to my best friend, but I have to say that my dh is my rock. He is the sweetest man I know. He is thoughtful and not a day goes by that he doesn't say or do something kind. I did a majority of the paperwork for our adoption, but as soon as I became weary and my heart was full of doubt, my dh was there to catch me and stand in my place to bring us to the next stage of our journey. He has been there to hear every fear and frustration I have had and mediate when I have lashed out at our agency - smoothing things out for the best. I love him beyond words and I am so happy that he will be the father of our son. Our son is lucky indeed to have a daddy who will always be there for him and his mommy. I couldn't think of a better role model for our son. However, I am the luckiest one of all! I get to spend my life with a man I love more than life and we get to complete this journey together. Joe...I hope you know how much I appreciate you! I love you and I can't wait to bring our son home :-)

3 comments:

The Cook said...

ohhhhh how sweet! Can't wait until you have two special guys in your life.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I love your sappy post. hee hee. I did one of those for my husband when I was in Kaz; I was there alone after he had already returned home. I hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving. Love, Tam

Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, the waiting is so hard, isn't it? It seemed that I was in agony that last month before Snuggle Bug was born.

But the day you get to bring your son home will be one of the happiest of your lives and you'll realize how much more you appreciate him because of the extra long wait!

I'm sure your son will catch up in no time, once he's home with you and Joe and getting all the love and attention that he deserves!

I'm so glad that you have such a loving and supportive husband to see you through all of this!

I can't wait to hear more! Hang in there!