Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Interminable Wait

Another blogger, Tricia, recently posted that she is glad the holidays are over...well, me too! Holidays in the adoption world = more waiting. I am frustrated because all we know is that we are supposed to travel in January. Unfortunately, we will not really have a clue exactly when in January until it happens I guess...uuugggghhh!

The woman who is taking over my classes started today and she will shadow me this week. I was a little surprised when my principal told me that I would become a permanant sub starting on Monday! I thought I was going to continue in my position until we got "the call" - but I guess it makes sense for her to step into her position and get aquainted with the students as soon as possible. She will be fine...she is very nice and some of the students know her from the elementary school. I am sad...I love my students and I hate leaving them.

This is just soooo hard. I want to be on the plane tomorrow. Anyone want to share how they stayed sane leading up to the finish line ? :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't help you with that because as you know..I am insane!!! lol

6blessings said...

Sanity and adoption cannot be used in the same sentence. There's no such thing as a sane adoptive parent, especially in a waiting phase. Hang in there. I hope you leave very soon!!

Jenny and Matt said...

Who says we stayed sane?

Thad and Ann said...

hummm....packing & re-packing & re-packing. :-) yeah, I don't think you can stay sane in this process! :-) I hope you are on a plane soon!
Love-
Ann

Anonymous said...

Ha! I wasn't sane at the end. So, no help there.

Lauren & Cupcake said...

I am not sane and do not think I will be until this process is complete. Thinking about! happy New Year's tot he both of you

Lauren

Yeah So said...

Shopping. And then more shopping. And then, a little more.

Anonymous said...

I made list after list of everything I wanted to get done and felt a sense of accomplishment every time I crossed something out. This was the only way I felt I had some control over a situation that was completely out of my control!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god......its soooooooooo hard to stay sane...but what kept me going is KNOWING I would be there someday (in Kaz). I knew for sure I would be there and come home with the child we were meant to have. That comforted me. I trusted in God the past 5 years to bring me a baby and I left it all in his hands; in HIS time. I pray you will find some peace waiting. In the meantime, make a list of things you want to get before the little one comes, cause I am telling you, you will NOT HAVE TIME when you come home!!!!!!!Love, Tam

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh..........Heidi wrote the same thing! Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....it helps to make a list and get things done! That is exactly what I did! hahhah. And when I came back with Grace, I was soooooooo glad I did all those things before I left. Love, Tam