Sunday, January 07, 2007

It's a Boy...again!

We heard from our agency today about the baby boy they found for us. He is ten months old and is Russian. Based on his birthname (which is unusual for American standards) we are going to name him Stephen Joseph De Lorenzo. Unfortunately, we do not have any pics yet :-( Our agency is working on that part. However, they are well aware of what we are looking for and the children presented to us to date have all looked exactly like we wanted. I am sure he is adorable. Kazakhstan has such beautfiful children don't they?

We are happy he is so young...although it will be a real adjustment since we first anticpated adopting a toddler. I am soooooo happy that his first birthday will be with us!!! Our LOI is coming some time the week of January 14th. I pray that the Visa goes quickly and smoothly and we can book our flights asap. I just want to be there already!!!

I am officially working as a permanent substitute starting Monday...that will be strange. Nothing changes as far as my salary and I will return to work in September in the same position. It just worked out better this way - my principal has me covered no matter when we get the call and I have my job to keep my sanity up until the last moment. I will work between the first and second trip too.

So, now we just wait! Hmmm...does everyone see this pattern. One step forward...wait...another step forward...wait, wait, wait :-) VERY hard for someone like me who has NO patience!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I tried calling you but ring ring ring no machine.

Anonymous said...

Exciting!! I bet you can't wait to see the pics.

Melissa said...

I hope it happens for you very soon!

Anonymous said...

so happy for you and hoping the LOI comes quickly.

6blessings said...

Yay! He sounds wonderful!! He is so young. You will have a blast. I hope the LOI comes very soon. Congratulations!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Our youngest, Liam, was 11 months when we met him. He is walking, talking and wanting to do things himself now... the baby stage went by so fast!!! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Anonymous said...

I pray for patience for you. You will need it with a child! hee hee. And wowwwwwwwww I am so excited to finally hear some good news about the baby and the date you may be getting your LOI. Wow wow wow. Finally!!!!!! Waiting till the moment you get on the plane................

Chris Sapp said...

Exciting news :-) Congratulations on the news of your son!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear more, as I'm sure you are feeling the same way times a million!