Sunday, January 21, 2007

Perspective

First, so I am not keeping anyone in suspense…we are going to stay the course and complete our adoption. Both my husband and my best friend said the same thing to me: “This will end this problem, but it will not solve the underlying problem – we want a baby.” The wait, as much as it is grueling, is not really the issue. What IS the issue and the cause for 99.9% of our distress and heartache is being told one thing and planning accordingly and then exactly when you are so close you can touch it your dreams are deferred again. In dealing with AIP the entire process has been that way. Orson does not get it and he never will. I continue to believe with all my heart and soul that he is an evil man. I do indeed believe he is the kind of man the Bible warns people about. So, whether people think I am crazy for thinking that, or think it is irrational for me to believe such things, I do. There is NO trust between us and Orson. NONE WHATSOEVER.

Obviously, I have made my blog “by invite only.” This is because three people had the audacity to come on my personal space and tell me I am a loser and not ready to be a mother because of what I am feeling. At first, it is hurtful when these idiots write such nonsense, but who they anyway? Mean-spirited people who have nothing better to do than hurt others from a safe distance where there are no repercussions. They are judging my ability to be a parent based on a post on a blog on the information superhighway. When I examine their comments in that light I feel sorry for them and their children…for I can only imagine the hurtful and judgmental statements they will subject their children to.

The last update we received from Orson was that our LOI would come the first week in February. We will see. As I said earlier – I don’t believe anything he says. Furthermore, the government of Kazakhstan must be one of the most poorly run bureaucracies I have ever seen. Corruption is the norm and not the exception. The children and adoptive parents pay an enormous price for the rampant corruption. It makes me wonder if such a pervasive infestation can ever be turned around. If it is ever faced head on it will certainly be a monumental task. If it is ignored…the country has no hopes of thriving as a capitalist society. I’ll get off my soapbox now.

Thank you all for your supportive comments! The words of wisdom from those who have come through the other side of this journey help us a great deal! I ask that you keep us in your prayers. This continues to be a difficult wait for us.

4 comments:

The Cook said...

Welcome back! I am so glad you are hanging in there...it is hard but WE CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Hello there...I was happy to be so special to be on your list. I always worry to about saying the wrong thing. Its hard to be empathetic all the time and say the right thing. I just try to remember what I went through to have a baby and how frustrating it was. I know what you are going through.........good luck.......very soon you will hold your own! Tam

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you decided to continue on. Orson told us the same thing about the first week of Feb for the LOI, we'll see if he changes it yet again! Thanks for the invite to your blog. I was worried about you and I'm so happy to know you are going to get your son.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you decided to continue. Once you get your little one home you will be in control of your own life again. Hang in there....its worth it!!