Monday, January 22, 2007

Could It Be???

Orson contacted us today and said "it's time to prepare for travel." That is funny because I have been ready for a month now :-) Of course I will probably recheck our luggage 100 times more before we leave. Sooooo...we booked our flights for Feb. 12th! My last day at work is the 9th.

We used Eldo at Golden Rule and the prices were great. Having flights surely makes it feel real...of course we are still nervous about the 10% chance that Orson told us as a possibilty something could cause a delay. His statistics never have seemed to add up in the past (ie-80% of families get their "referral" - ha!).

Please keep us in your prayers. Also, a colleague at work who is 36 years old, four months pregnant and has a two year old daughter just lost her hubby after gastric bypass surgery; He was only 38 years old...could you all say a prayer for her and her family. I attended the wake tonight and it was just so hard to fathom what I would do if I lost Joe. Not only did she lose her life partner and best friend...she now has to raise their daughter and unborn child alone. Pray, pray, pray. Thanks!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news on the travel date! Soooo glad you decided to stick with it. You'll have to let me know what kind of prices you got.

I will say a prayer for your friend and her little ones.

makandaddie said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! WOOPIE! Congrats Dawn...it will be here before you know it!

makandaddie said...

oops...I meant to add your friend is in my prayer's. What a terrible, terrible thing.

The Cook said...

Congrats!

Thad and Ann said...

yay! so glad to hear your travel dates!! Whoo-hoo! I will keep you in my prayers & cannot wait to see pictures of your baby in your arms...so exciting! Thanks for letting me be a part of your journey. I will kepp your friend in my paryers as well, so sad.
Hugs- Ann

Heidi said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you! Thank you for allowing me to follow your journey.

The Cook said...

You never got back to me on ticket prices...are they crazy expensive?

Anonymous said...

Only 3 more weeks then. woo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo. I am soooooooo excited. That flight is so darn long, but I was so happy the whole time because I was on my way to get our baby!!! I would have stayed on that plane all week. It will work out.....even if you are delayed again......its all for a reason...and its all in God's timing, not ours. Here is another Woo Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo Tam

Anonymous said...

Oh, and our plane tickets were $2500 per person, round trip. But who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

YOU ARE GOING TO KAZ! I am so H.A.P.P.Y.!!!!!!!

Please stay close to your friend and share yourselves with her...I can only imagine he was trying to make sure he was being coming as healthy as possible to prepare to be the best Dad possible...love.

Thanks for putting me on the blog....Lisa & Dinara

Melissa said...

I am so sorry for your friend.