Friday, March 16, 2007

COURT: MONDAY @ 11:00 a.m.

Our court date was officially confirmed for Monday at 11:00 a.m. We can't wait to get over this hump! It has been such a long road. I am happy for my dh as he is outta here Tuesday, but I am dreading another few weeks here by myself. I also know the judge usually NEVER waives the 15 day waiting period unless the child needs immediate surgery. So the chances of me getting home any time soon are slim.

We had lunch with the Frank and Kim Jury today at the Pancake House. It was nice to get out with another American family! They are enjoying their time with their son and he is eating up all of their love and attention! The photographer was at the orphanage today taking pictures of the children for their passports...so that is another thing checked off all of our lists.

Our bonding period ended Thursday and it has felt great not having to sign the book anymore or take the mandatory "family picture" for court. Of course we still take plenty of pictures, but it feels much better when you are not worried about it out of obligation for court. Ah, yes...speaking of pictures - many people have said they can't wait for pictures to be posted after court. Sorry! We were told we still may not post pictures even after court! Uuughh.

Looking forward to Monday!!!

12 comments:

makandaddie said...

YEAH! It's so great to get that "official" time. It's only days away now, and that is one great big hurdle to have behind you. Remeber to take picutes outside the courthouse so you have those to look back on, for some reason we forgot to do that and I kick myself every time I think about it.

Thanks so much for blogging before Monday, I think a lot of are still worrying about you each and every day :)

Looking forward to Monday's entry!

Lisa Masse
lisa04027@yahoo.com

Yeah So said...

Great! Every day is a little closer to home!

The 5 McGills said...

I have to agree, getting over past court is a huge relief. I'll be thinking of you Sunday night. Will you be allowed to visit with Stephen at your apartment after your court date? That could make the time go a little faster and help you feel more "normal" while visiting than the time in the orphanage. It couldn't hurt to ask.

Looking forward to Monday's post!
Debbie

The 5 McGills said...

P.S. I keep forgetting to ask, how did you get music on your blog? I wanted to put music on ours and couldn't figure out how.

Debbie
dmmcgill@comcast.net

Gail said...

YIPEE!! It is almost over and he will be YOURS!!! Glad you got a confirmation on your court.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Oh Dawn, Joe and Stephen, will be thinking of you all and praying that all goes smoothly for you in court. Soon you will be on your way home as a family and we are looking forward to that day for you.

Beckie (CPAK)
beckiejoe@gmail.com

Kathy said...

Congratulations, I will think of you all Sunday night!! Good luck.

Kathy
jkcronauer@comcast.net

meena said...

I am so happy things are moving right along for you all. I just know you will be home before you know it! I can't wait to see pictures so please send some to me. I am just so excited for you!!

Meena
dlp963@comcast.net

Thad and Ann said...

yay!! So happy to hear that Monday is the DAY. :-) Send me pic's, I can't wait to see his sweet face! ;-) Praying the judge will be in a great mood & waive those days.
Hugs
Ann
ann_hoch@yahoo.com

Farrah said...

I've followed your adoption through Michelle's and I would love to see pics of that cute little baby boy.

adoptingmom29@yahoo.com

melissa said...

congrats! We have been following your blog. We had the same experience a few months ago in Kaz. Just know that God had this little guy chosen for you before you arrived! We spent 2 months there in such pain due to our loss, but God did bless us with a son who is perfect for our family! Best wishes on court day...it is nothing to worry about. We would love to see a picture is you would be willing to send one our way! You will be in our prayers!

Melissa
collier@insightbb.com

Anonymous said...

Wow.....that is so odd how things are so different in different courts....etc. We got our 15 day waiting period waived only cause she kept having a slight fever and she had bad dermititus (they had no idea...just thought she was sick, and didnt know what was wrong). And we could post pictures right away the first day we saw her. They did not care. But, the great thing is YOU HAVE COURT MONDAY!!!! woo hooooooooooooooooooooooo. You are almost complete with this journey and you can go home and "live" with your family and put all of this stress behind you. Just live, be happy, do fun things, keep taking pics, etc. I can't wait till Monday!!! Tam