Sunday, March 18, 2007

Uuummm...What About Mommy?

Stephen has taken quite the liking to his Papa these past few days! And as I suspected "Papa" and "Dada" are his first two favorite words! So, uuummm - what about Mommy? Since I am educator I happen to know that the "m" sound is very difficult for babies so perhaps that is the reason for this blatent disregard for mama - lol! All kidding aside it is nice to watch my dh and my boy together. Since Joe is flying home this week and these are his last few days with Stephen I am glad he gets this special time with him.

Unfortunately, we found out that the waiting period is not going to be waived :-( So I will be here to the end of April/first week of May. That will give me plenty of time to teach Stephen to say "Mommy" - lol! I am not happy at all that I am going to be away from my hubby for so long. I am trying not to even think about it because I get overwhelmed at the thought.

We went over our speech with Sveta today and inserted where we will pause so she can translate. It was comforting to do that with her and we are SOOOOOOOO HAPPY that Sveta is translating in court and not someone else. First of all, Sveta is the BEST translator here. I honestly can't say enough about her skills...it is amazing that she knows english so well. Second, she is a WONDERFUL person and I don't even think she realizes how comforting it has been knowing that we can rely on her 100%. There are days we can't believe she is only 23 years old because she has more common sense than people twice her age. So, at least we have her in our corner tomorrow.

I woke up yesterday feeling naseous and had a horrible headache. I threw up in the morning (I'll spare you all the details). Joe went to visit Stephen at the orphanage by himself. I was so sad that I couldn't see my boy :-( I think that is when Joe secretly gave him lessons on saying "Dada" and "Papa" - lol. My headache stayed with my the entire day. I have also been having horrible nightmares. For anyone who knows me - this is never a good thing since I talk and scream in my sleep. I screamed out at 4 am this morning and woke Joe up. That is also never a good thing since he can't fall back asleep :-( I think the constant headache is stress related.

So, I'll post tomorrow after court!

9 comments:

kate said...

I hope you're feeling better! I'm sure all your stress-realted symptoms will fade once court is over. You're almost there!

Deb said...

Praying for court to go well.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your headaches and not feeling well. Will be thinking of you all day and hoping court goes smooth for you and with that the disappearance of the headache and sense of stress you feel. You have been through so much that I think what you are experiencing is normal. Praying for you....and court.
Beckie

6blessings said...

I will be praying for court. I hope you feel better. Maybe after court, your body will be able to relax. I'm so glad you're almost done.

Kristan and Mark said...

What is it with those little rascals saying Dada first. I stayed home with both of mine and they still said da da first! (smile)
Hope you are feeling better and all goes well for you tomorrow in court!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow..why are they making you stay an additional 6 weeks? Boy I guess Brian and I just got very lucky on our trip because we were there 3 weeks, then had court, Brian left and I was there another 3 weeks and went home. And believe me, that was LONG enough. I was sooooooo home sick. If I didnt have a computer to keep in touch and post to the blog, I would have went crazy. I sure hope you feel better and I am so excited about court. When I wake up tomorrow, you'll have already been, and I am excited to get up and read your blog. Good luck! You are almost legal parents.......woo hooooooooooooooooooooo. (You are already his parents at heart....) Love, Tam

Jenny and Matt said...

I'll be thinking about you all tomorrow!

makandaddie said...

Okay, first...I love the song you have playing on your website. I have been visiting your blog for a LONG time, and I had never unmuted my computer until today. Second, I hope you are feeling better, but I am so glad that Joe got to go have a little one on one time with Stephen! I can't wait until tomorrow's blog...

Lisa

Jennifer said...

Don't stree too much about court. chances are if your translator has been through court before she knows what to so.....so no matter what you say in english the right thing will be said in Russian.