Wednesday, April 04, 2007

GOTCHA DAY!

First, apparently God is a divine member of the Geek Squad (only those who have this service in their state/country will understand) because miraculously my computer was able to get on the internet today! Today is the day I have been waiting for! I get to take Stephen out of the orphanage and back to the apartment with me! I am so excited! I am so nervous! This is our first child...so I am naturally praying that I don't break him, lose him, starve or dehydrate him or scar him emotionally for life during our time alone :) Anyone had the crazy dream where you lose your baby... simply misplaced him or forget him in the supermarket? Is that a common "mommy" dream? Uuuggh!

I cleaned the apartment like I have never cleaned before. I am actually happy there are fake hardwood floors in here (that vinyl flooring everyone my age had in their kitchen growing up in the 70's-80's). I laid out all my little blankets and spread his toys out everywhere so he can crawl around and get some exercise. I inflated the ducky tub and I am all ready to give my son his first luxury bath! Not the first time I have bathed a child...but when it is the first time you are bathing your own child it suddenly seems much more ceremonious! I don't know what is wrong with me...I have taken care of so many babies and taught preschool...yet I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. Let me right again in a minute - Almagul just got here and it doesn't seem good.

0 comments: