Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Sweet Smelling Tree for a Sweet Boy

Joe and I bought a Lavender Lady Lilac tree and planted it in our backyard to honor Stephen's birthday today. I LOVE the smell of lilacs in bloom and the sweet smell carries so far on a nice breezy day...so I know it will be a sweet reminder of our son. I pray the memory will be one that has a happy ending and not memories of "what could/should have been."

Tomorrow, April 26th, also happens to be our first referral's (Alexander) second birthday. Some of you have actually met him...our little Sasha... and held him in your arms and prayed for him. Tonight I pray that the issues that presented an obstacle preventing us from adopting him eventually are resolved. Alex deserves a family just as much as our little Stas and our sweet Stephen. I can't bear the thought that ANY of these precious boys will remain in an orphanage indefinitely.

9 comments:

Deb said...

What a great way to remember his birthday.

Cathy said...

Had kept you, Joe and Stephen in my prayers today. Happy you were able to celebrate his birthday in a way that brought both of you comfort. All of us here in "blogland" continue to pray that you will be reunited with Stephen very soon. In the meantime, we continue to lift you up for strength and peace. God bless....

Karla said...

Ahh...good choice...I am not familiar w/the story of your "Sasha", but, gosh, I hope that this gets resolved. Love to you from the "Lavendar Capitol of the USA"...Karla/Sequim, WA (state)

Dana said...

What a wonderful way to remember/celebrate Stephens birthday. I really don't think you could have chosen a better way. Still praying things work out in your favor Dawn. I can't wait until your family can move on with all three of your lives.

Rachael said...

What a nice way to commemorate the day. I hope it will always bring you good memories.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to celebrate Stephen's birthday. Lilacs are so lovely. Hopefully he will be there to enjoy them soon.

6blessings said...

What a sweet reminder of your precious boy. Hopefully he will come home soon to enjoy the smell too.

Karla said...

Dear Dawn and Joe: today, 4/26 is the 24th birthday of my first-born, a daughter, who is our prodigal...in her 2nd semester of her Senior Year in High Schoool, she was pursured by a then 35 yo div father of 3, who threatened us...as she had just turned 18, there was nothing we could do to get her to trust us, and keep this man out of her life...she decided to throw her life away, told me to "F--k o-f and get the H--L out of her life"...and, she married him. She has told my friends that "the planet would be better off w/o me..."....like an old, dirty rag, she has discared her faith, her family, and her future...my heart breaks today, for me, for her, for you and Joe, and for Sasha, Stas, and Stephen...so, I am crying w/you today. Love, Karla

Jenni said...

What a touching tribute to Stephen on his first birthday. Hopefully he will be home with you soon and will be able to enjoy the sweet smell of that tree for many birthdays to come.