Friday, May 25, 2007

Depressed

I am feeling pretty low. I miss our boy more than I could express. I also found out today that I need to move from my classroom to another and I am changing grade levels (I am currently teaching all 7th grade, but now I may be all 6th). I feel pretty upset about the change of my room and grade level. If I never went out on family leave this wouldn't be happening, but the woman who took over as MY sub is now moving into MY room and probably will teach what I was teaching! How can that not annoy me? Furthermore, I am VERY flexible...I will coteach with almost anyone and I don't really mind being on two grade levels, but my ONE request was to NOT be in the 6th grade! I just don't understand. I am really sick and tired of one crappy thing after the other happening. I could go on and on, but I hate whining or having a pity party so I am just going to stop here.

7 comments:

Hawk said...

I understand... Not on all levels, but on the teaching level. I have taught two year olds for 3 years and randomly this summer my director decided to move me up the fours, the one age group no one likes...

So not quite the same, but sorta.. or maybe not...

regardless of my mindless rant above, I hope you do feel better and I am still praying for Stephen to come home where he belongs.

Karla said...

Dear Dawn: I am sorry that so much is changing in your life, and it being changes that you don't want or like or can be happy about...I am guessing that, you feel this "betrayal" more deeply because of Stehen not being home w/you and Joe...yet...less than a week...a long week...and hopefully, you will have more news to share w/us.

Love, Karla

The Cook said...

I am home so now we can talk more. Please call me anytime day or night. I think of you every day. I would be depressed too. You are totally justified and that stinks about your classroom.

6blessings said...

Dawn, I'm so sorry. You have sure been through the wringer. I hope things make a 180 and everything turns around for you soon.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am sorry that life is being one challenging change and disappointment after another. It is a lot to take all at one time and my heart truly feels for you and all you have gone through. I pray this week will bring some light to all of this for you.

Beckie

Melissa said...

Ugh! That sucks about having to teach a grade you dont want. Also having to get new stuff and taking you out of your comfort zone. I hope to hear good news soon for you.

Suz and Matt said...

I am praying for you and all involved today. I hope you may receive some good news soon.