Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More Torture

This seriously feels like a nightmare that is never, ever going to end. When we received the letter from the courts on Friday from Kazakhstan we figured it was a just telling us that Inna didn't show up to court. You can't imagine the SHOCK after we had two bloggers translate it for us and found out it said that WE did not show up and therefore the judge did not hear the case. We had a serious fit and called Orson immediately. He was furious and we all e-mailed Nigmat and Almagul to ask what the hell was going on!?! Almagul is our power of attorney so there should be no reason for us to be told nobody showed up in court on the 16th or the 30th of May.

After a sleepless night and plenty of tears Orson finally spoke to Nigmat. He explained that Inna's power of attorney told them that he was going to continue appealing this case on and on and on. The judge made the call to essentially "put our case on hold" in this manner (saying we didn't show up) so he could avoid a ruling. I know it is confusing, but basically if he ruled in our favor it could be dragged out for years with this idiot appealing. If he ruled in her favor that would mean Stephen spends his life in the orphanage. So he decided this was the only way we were ever going to get our son. Now that our case has been put on the shelf...they are working on depriving her rights. Once that is done they can revisit our adoption petition without any interference from Inna or this jackass power of attorney. This ass wants an apartment out of this (which costs about $70k). He has nothing to lose by appealing this case forevermore.

I am starting to think we will NEVER get Stephen. When do we stop? When do we give up and take our lives back? Nothing anyone says is reassuring. I am sick and tired of being reminded that everyone is working for "free" on our behalf there.

Many people have been asking how we found Inna's three brothers (Stephen's uncles). I posted a message on the Yahoo Ust group and amazingly, their mom still reads it! The boys are very excited about their nephew. Unfortunately, their mom had to explain that their sister, Inna, is not doing very well and is repeating this awful family pattern. I just pray that we can bring our son home - someday soon!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is unbelievable, Dawn, and so totally ridiculous. Such games for money and no care to that sweet little boy waiting for them to finally make the decision to let you pick up your son. I am so sorry.

Beckie

The Heinrichs said...

Dawn...I cannot believe all of this. I keep checking your blog all day hoping for some good news and that you will be on that plane soon. How sad is it that they would rather hold these children in an orphanage than letting them go with people that will give them more love and care than they will ever need. I am praying for the three of you and that all of this gets resolved soon.

Carrie said...

Thank god that the judge had enough sense to see that Inna and her jackass POA are just going to keep jerking this whole thing around for as long as they can and is taking steps to prevent that from happening. I hate that this whole thing has to continue but at least you know that the judge really wants this to end with you bring your son home!

I can't even imagine how difficult this all is for you, especially with all the people who should be supporting constantly reminding you that you are in some way indebted to them!! I can't believe how rotten some people can be!

Suz and Matt said...

I am so upset and my heart breaks for you. I know there is nothing that I can say to comfort you, and no one can justify the issues that are happening with your adoption agency nor the courts and individuals in Kaz. What a roller coaster. I am so sorry this is happening...

Jenny and Matt said...

What a bunch of garbage.
I know nothing I can say will help. Just... hang in there. What else can you do?

Esther said...

All I can say is, I'm so sorry.

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry Dawn.

Unknown said...

Dawn, We too are having delay after delay and I can relate to how you're feeling. This has to end eventually - for both of us. It is encouraging to hear that the judge seems to be working in your favor even if it means more delays. I hope you will be able to bring Stephen home soon.
Keeping you in prayer.

Andrea said...

I know you're tired of hearing people tell you to hang in there, but that's all you can do. Stephen IS your son, and he WILL be home with you. I will keep you all in my prayers and let this nightmare end.

The Cook said...

I am so sorry Dawn. I just got home and checked your blog right away. I do not even know what to say but this is totally fu**ed up!

Hannah's Mom said...

Dawn,

I can only imagine how hard it is to keep it together right now. You've been dealt some pretty unfair blows. It does seem that this judge is working with Steven's best interest in mind. Hopefully he or she can make this torture end soon for everyone's sakes.

Sending you blogger hugs,
Regina

Ani said...

dawn - my heart (and prayers) go out to you and your family. i hope the proper authorities get their act together ASAP and you can bring that baby home soon!
all the best.

The Cook said...

Dawn, just wanted to send you a little love and elt you know I am thinking of you.

pasy said...

working wih AIP, one can expect the most difficult experience possible. There is usually a bait and switch with them and endless demands for money.

I find it hard to believe that if a child was properly registered and the proper time elapsed, that an objection could be legal.

Perhaps, the authorities have finally decided to stop AIP because there have been a gazillion complaints. Orson is incorporated in Penn. a mail drop. the real office is a his home on Hot Springs RD in Montecito, CA. Orson and his family live in a multi million dollar estate all on the backs of adoption dollars.

orson always states that these problems don't come up, that he isn't making money, it's going for bribes yada yada yada.

Just helped a friend adopt in Kaz through Litle Miracles. Baby is 9 months old and already at home in CA. By the way, AIP monitors all these sites.

Adoptions through 'The Frank Foundation" go through flawlessly. Orson says he gets the smartest and most beautiful babies... Hogwash, they are all adorable. It's your life but babies are his business.

Nigmat is also rich and few ever meet him, and when they do it's simply for cash. Extra money. One couple I met, total yearly income for both parents is 36,0000 were charged over 40,000 and of course they didn't get the son they had been promised and whose picture they kissed a thousand times a day for six months.

Anyone reading this blog- go elsewhere for Kaz adoptions, not AIP. Unless you have an endless supply of money or are adopting a child with disabilities or an older child, you will be upset over and over again by AIP.

Best of luck. I am so sorry I have heard and seen versions of your story with AIP. Go to your local news station. Contact every one of your elected officials. Putting light on this is the best disinfectant.

So sorry !!!

Patsy

Matthew Ruley said...

Dawn,
Just to know I'm checking in and thinking about you, Joe and Stephen.

Matthew Ruley said...

Sorry - It's Suz and Matt.