Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The News

The news is not great. We are being stonewalled and it seems the time has come for Joe and I to put this to rest and grieve all that we have lost.

Here is the news I got from Anastasiya. She talked to Oksana today and found out next:
1. They still don’t know if mother appealed or not, Anastasiya made a request to the court and results will come in a week, but most likely she didn’t;
2. Oksana told that though mother is deprived of her parental rights towards her first baby and gave up her newborn, according to the legislation of Kazakhstan in 6 months she can apply for rehabilitation of her parental rights. Oksana told that Inna doesn’t seem really care about the destiny of her children but her power of attorney for some reasons does. So there is a possibility that he will apply for mother’s rehabilitation.
3. They named the baby Andrey, like his brother
4. Oksana was shocked when Anastasiya had mentioned the picture of a newborn in the website. She said this is illegal.
5. Oksana told you can not have a picture of the baby and get any information about his health before you’re here in Kazakhstan visiting him.
6. You will have to collect all the papers again if you’re willing to come in 6 months because the papers our government has from you will expire. You also have an option to come till the end of this year to adopt another child. In this case you won’t have to update your papers except few ones.

6 comments:

Hawk said...

if it feels right to have fought this long and this hard.. why not another 6 months? If it doesn't feel right, I do hope you and Joe continue to adopt, you have so much love to give to a baby, I'd hate to see it go to waste.

Please keep us all updated, even those of us you don't know very well. I'll keep a candle lit for you both and for all the children you have loved and lost so far. May God grant you peace of mind and heart.

~Hawk

Allison said...

Sigh. I can't help but agree with you that it is the right time to let go, greive and move forward (in time) with another plan for fulfilling your dreams of becoming parents. At every turn you have been subjected to dissappointment and heartbreak. Perhaps it may only be 6 months until the next step but given the past what hope could you possibly have that this time will be any different than the rest. I'm so sorry.

I pray that you will be at peace with your efforts and that your hearts will heal. I know you will be a mom someday Dawn. That I do not doubt.

{{{hugs}}}
Alli

Esther said...

I'm so sorry Dawn for all you and your family have gone thru. Truly sorry.

You are a role model in this adoption community.

Thank you for continuing to share your story.

I will share with you what one of our pastors shared with us, when we could not bring ZsaZsa home with us. "This story is not finished being written."

Bless you.

Gina and Teagan said...

My heart goes out to you and Joe. I truly hope you find peace in your decision. You are a strong and amazing woman! Best of luck and God bless.

The Cook said...

I support you Dawn, I hope, in time, you will heal and be home with a wonderful child. I am soo sorry.

Dana said...

Dawn
I also support your decision. You really couldn't have tried harder. Sometimes you just have to end it. I am so so sorry for you and Joe. Whatever you decide to do in the future, I know there will be a happy ending. I know it's hard to see now but it will come. This whole journey will take you someplace.

Hugs Hugs Hugs