Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Next Step...

Some people have e-mailed me about their desire to post about us on their blog or link to us. By all means ~ we graciously accept any help and attention that can be brought our way. The ChipIn Widget will continue to accept donations, but we prefer to take it one step at a time since we are not sure what is to come and need to live in the "maybe" zone for our own sanity. As I said, the Embassy is not promising that this will happen and said they cannot "hold" the boys for us. This is one of the primary reasons we have been so hesitant to even open our hearts to this at all. We have been burned severely with this adoption and do not trust anyone or anything that is said to us. Thank you to all who sent words of encouragement, donations, and for all of your prayers. It means so very much to us! It is truly in God's hands.

Mason's Mom asked: Are you willing to adopt other children?
Our Answer: No, the only children we would ever adopt internationally are Stephen and his brother. Our paperwork is being done for these children only and we cannot adopt any others in the orphanage as we are not redoing our dossier...only a few required documents requested by the Embassy and the Office of Children's Rights in order to adopt Stephen and his brother.

6 comments:

mason's mom said...

I was just about to ask about the baby house holding the children for you. Are you willing to adopt other children?

mason's mom said...

Are Inna? and that man completely out of the picture? Best of luck to you, Joe and the boys.

Andrea said...

Dawn, I wander back in here every so often to pray for you, and when I came back this time- WOW! What news!

I understand that you are scared to hope. I would be, too, in your position; that you even have found the courage to go forward with this is amazing to me.

I will certainly be praying for all four of you.

www.halfdozenscrambled.com said...

Dawn,
I just dropped by your blog for the first time in a long time,and I want you to know that you and your family have been the subject of prayer for me for 2 years now. I am lifting up your situation and that of your boys. This news will have me praying more.

Sue and Paul Barber in TX - parents of Joshua from Taraz, KZ and 4 homegrown blessings too

Melissa said...

I just found out you were blogging again and about your potential news. I hope it all works out for you and your Hubby

Michelle said...

how are things coming????????