Monday, August 11, 2008

Update

We are beyond frustrated with the Embassy. In traditional Kazak style they have left us hanging for weeks now begging for the simplest answers to our questions. When they actually do respond they answer a minuscule portion of what we asked them. The anger we feel cannot be described. Why would they bother putting this on the table and placing this in our healing hearts only to treat us this way once more? It is beyond callous. It is mental and emotional abuse. To read the e-mail exchange between myself and the Embassy click HERE. I am confident you will see why we are so frustrated and angry.

We got our home study updated and we are just waiting for the final copy of it to mail in with our i600a application. We will wait and see what the Embassy has to say, if anything. It is OBVIOUS that we are not using anyone from AIP and would NEVER think of using ANYONE that Orson associated with. Yet, the Head of the Consular Dept. sent us an e-mail telling us to send our papers to our facilitator as soon as we can! Ummm...WE DON'T HAVE A FACILITATOR! So, once more I e-mailed the same questions I have been asking for over a month now...and we will be lucky if they respond some time in the next week. It really is quite pathetic. Then they wonder why we feel everything they say is lip service. ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS.

On a different topic: As I have mentioned, we are going through IVF. Yesterday was my retrieval and they retrieved 19 eggs! Today we will find out how many fertilized. God willing we will become parents somehow.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get the answers soon. It does seem as though they are not doing all they can to help! Surely they can provide people in country to assist you... it is just a matter of IF they will.

I continue to pray for you, Joe and the boys.

traceylynndel said...

Dawn,

Good luck with the IVF. I don't know anything about it but I hope it works out for you. You have been through so much already. When you were in Ust. did you meet anyone who might be willing to help you or were you solely at the mercy of your agency? There are other agencies that go there. Maybe one of them can at least give you the name of a good translator. Someone on the yahoo group was talking about which translators would be accepted now at the embassy. try looking for those posts. I sure hope it all works out. Those boys need a real mom like you willing to love them and fight for them.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fuzzandfuzzlet said...

I hope you get answers soon. Real answers.

MichelleAnn said...

I hope they respond to your email soon with all the answers you need.

Good luck with the IVF. I hope the fertilization report was a great one and that the transfer results in a successful pregnancy!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

You know we are all waiting for an IVF update!!

I hope the news is good.