Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Adjusted Time Frame

Well, we have readjusted our time frame based on the anticipated arrival of our I171h. Using both the time frames provided by our agency and other clients we anticipate that the earliest we will travel is mid to late November, but most likely we will travel in early December. We originally hoped to travel by October, but I am just happy to have a clearer picture.

I got some good news regarding my maternity leave today: I can break up the time. If we travel in Nov.-Dec. it will be a good time as far as my teaching schedule since those months have a few holidays and will not eat up much of my time. I have 73 days to use. We are both going for the first trip and returning home and I will return for the second and final trip. My mother-in-law may be meeting me in Germany. My superintendent said it is okay for me to return to work in between the two trips. This is so important to us for financial reasons. If we travel in the beginning of December I can use my days and then return to work in January and 25 days later head back to Kaz and use the remainder of my time. I would return to work around the end of April. Of course, this is all subject to change if our baby is not adjusting well when we get home. The only thing I don't know yet is if I will be able to have my class back when I return or if they will assign me somewhere else as not to disrupt the continuity of my students' education. There was a teacher last year in my school who went out on maternity leave in December and came back in April, but she covered another teacher's class while she went out on maternity instead of returning to her own class. We have quite a few teachers going out on maternity this school year, so perhaps that is what will happen with me as well. We'll see!

0 comments: