Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Something Truly Special for Your Baby!

My best friend bought me a really special journal for my birthday last year. The title is Words to Live By: A Journal of Wisdom for Someone You Love by Emily and Kate Marshall. The reason that it is special is because it was designed to be a journal that gathers wisdom from others in it's pages. It is meant to be passed to people you care about and then they write their tidbits of wisdom based on a prompt. Some prompts are:

  • You will enjoy your work and accomplish much if you...
  • I think loving relationships last when...
  • In my experience, lasting friendships come from...
  • These traditions and rituals have been meaningful or comforing to me...

You can ask people to pick a page they want to fill in or request they fill in a specific page. I plan on asking some of my child's caretakers to write their words of wisdom and then I will have it translated.

When he grows up he will have a book filled with the wisdom of people who have touched him life throughout the years!

PLEASE...if you buy this journal from Amazon - click on my link in the sidebar because I get a % when you link from my page :-) Thank you!!!

0 comments: