Friday, September 15, 2006

A Long Week

This was the first full week back to work - back to school and I am pooped! It was a good week though. I have really great students and get to work with a terrific teacher for the third year in a row. I co-teach in her regular education language arts class. Last night was back-to-school night and the parents whizzed through their child's schedule like professional speed daters, but I think it is an important time for them to see our faces and our enthusiasm for the subject we teach, our co-teaching assignment, and their child's success. I admit, however, to being taken back whenever we get that single parent who approaches us to inquire about why their child is in a "special ed class" with two teachers. We just politely explain that we are both teachers in the class and support the students so all their needs are met. The parent usually accepts that response.

Regarding our adoption we are in phase two of the waiting stage. We are waiting to get back a few documents that are being apostilled and then we an finally get our dossier to our agency for translation. From there, anyone guess is as good as ours as to how long it will take to get our LOI. One friend, Lisa, using our agency, got hers back in record time - one month! Another friend and client, Tammy, got hers in nine weeks and one day. At this time we anticipate traveling in November. We are praying and trying to stay optimistic.

I hope everyone had a great week! I want to wish Lisa good luck as she begins her flight to Kaz tonight! You are in my prayers Lisa! I can't wait to see your little girl! Stop by her blog to wish her luck :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we will be right behind you guys in November. Wouldn't it be great to have our babies home for the holidays...that is totally wishful thinking but who knows. Have a great weekend.

Melissa said...

yea! It feels good to get that dossier done, doesn't it. Hoping you get a referral soon.

Sarah said...

Hi! Thanks for the blog comment. We are getting closer, and you are too! :) It's so exciting! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh good...I just wrote you an email asking how the process was going, forgetting to just look at the blog. My mind is still boggled and I am still jet lagged; yet on cloud nine! I cannot WAIT until you go! It will be fun to follow your blog. It feels weird for me to not write in mine, since I am home now. But, this is heaven. Would not trade it for anything. Life is good! Tam

Overwhelmed! said...

November, that's right around the corner! I know how hard the waiting can be though. We're waiting to be matched for #2.

I can't wait to hear more of how your adoption journey is going! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dawn for wishing me luck! The trip was long!my butt still hurts - yikes! Kazakhstan is beautiful and the people are very nice. It is COLD here. I am glad you are in your LOI stage and we may see be together soon. - Lisa

The Cook said...

I know you are busy but no posts at all this week? I miss hearing about your life! Have a great weekend.