Friday, January 26, 2007

16 Days Left, but Who's Counting?!?


Ha! I am practically counting the minutes!!! I am stuck in between the feelings of total euphoria and skepticism. On the one hand I am ready to jump out of my skin with anticipation. On the other hand I feel like I am holding back out of fear that there will be another setback.


We will be in Kaz with our son when he turns one, so we bought the adorable hat in the picture above! Isn't it just too cute!!! I pray that all goes well. I am really hoping that things go as smooth as can be. I know for sure there will be bumps in the road...but we just want to avoid a ditch! It seems from all the blogs that I have read that the experience people have in country depends a great deal on the region, their coordinator, their driver and their translator. I have hear very positive things about Ust-Kamengrosk...so I am hopeful. When you are in the U.S. waiting to be untied with your child all you want in the whole world is to be on a plane heading for Kazakhstan. Once you have your baby...all you want is to be on a plane heading home to the U.S.A. I pray that the country will eventually change their process so the majority of parents can come and complete their adoption in one trip at a maximum of two weeks.
I keep imagining how it will feel when I see our son in my hubby's arms for the first time. I also picture how awesome it will be when I first gaze at him safe and sound asleep in the crib that has been empty for far too long.
My husband is going to be a great daddy! He is so loving, fun, perceptive and selfless. Oh - I am sure that daddy will be the fun one and mommy will be the strict one who nags about homework! There are things that daddy will be unyeilding in though. He will not tolerate disrespect toward me or himself. Best of all though - he really wants our children to find joy in the little things in life. My hubby rocks! :-) Sure, it takes an awful lot of nagging to get him to make a dcotor's appointment. Yeah, he is a big baby when he is sick. And sure he can't even boil water - but if those are the worst things I can say about him I consider myself blessed!
Did I mention that there are only 16 days left until we leave? :-)



5 comments:

The Cook said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your trip. I am so excited for both of us! Soon we will be in the "mommy club"

Melissa said...

My husband is the same way. He is an awful patient. He refuses to finish medicine or stay home from work.

Anonymous said...

Again, I am sooooooooooo excited. I cannot wait to follow your journey every single day while you are there. wooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Love, Tam

Heidi said...

I am so unbelieveably (sp?) excited for you! Where did you get the hat, it's adorable!!

Dana said...

I am so so happy that you have a date to travel. The 12th will be here before you know it and you will be on a plane to Kaz! I look forward to hearing about your trip.

Meena