Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Twelve Days to Go & Other Stuff

The countdown continues! It can't be soon enough for me. I am sick of being a substitute teacher. I am also on many committees at work and they have all but written me off due to the "uncertainty" of my travel dates. I am probably being too sensitive, but I feel that if I were pregnant they would not disregard me as much as they are now. I really just want to get out of here asap.

I haven't heard anything - which I am hoping is a good sign that there will not be any further delays or unexpected twists. I am a little worried about our kitty cat being lonely when we go. HOPEFULLY, my sister-in-law will be watching the cat, but I have given up pestering my husband to confirm with her. This is his ONE job in the preparation for travel and he is procrastinating and it is driving me crazy! Of course, I am sure I will do what all women do and just do it myself in a few days. MEN! :-)

So, that is all - nothing new or exciting here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dawn,

I have been following your journey, but have never posted. I am so happy to hear that progress is being made and soon you will be holding your baby in your arms! The emotional rollercoaster of adoption is IMHO worse than pregnancy, but if you can make it thru this you can make it thru anything! Praying for you, and can't wait to hear you are finally THERE!!!!!

Shannon
mom to Eli & Noah

Anonymous said...

I left my cat alone and it killed me. Up until getting Grace, my cat WAS my baby! She was alone for 3 weeks straight. I had 3 of my friends pop in once a week to check on her, play with her and of course feed her/empty her litter box. Then Brian came home and I was still gone. I truly think she thought we left her. Poor thing. I am so flippin excited for you. Put it on your blog the day you leave ok! So I can start checking this every single day while you are there. Good luck! Tam

Chris Sapp said...

YEAH! I can log on and post again! I'm so happy to read your good news! I've been hoping and praying for you and your family, Dawn! We LOVED Ust and hope to go back again someday! We were also there on Natalia's first birthday :-) HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!