Thursday, March 22, 2007

Happy New Year in Kazakhstan

A balloon release at the celebration

An interesting contest! Competetors had to climb up this pole the fastest to
win a washing machine. Uummm...notice he is wearing nothing but his briefs!

Me and Sveta in the Yurta
Me with a woman dressed in a traditional Kazak outfit

Everyone sharing a meal in the yurta

The children had car rides in these motorized cars

I think I caught the middle of "Dada" in this picture!

"Yes Daddy ~ this is still my favorite toy!"

Here I am cracking myself up!

"Don't you think I am sooooo funny Mommy?"

"We miss you sooooooooo much Daddy!"

Uuuughhh ~ they put the green medicine on my boy's forehead!

"Wow...you are so talented Mom! You are holding me and taking pictures...amazing!"

Thumb sucker by night (yes, I know it is daytime)

And it is not limited to thumbs...any finger will do!

Today is the Kazak New Year. Sveta took me to their celebration which is in the middle of town. It was very crowded and festive! There were many Yurtas set up by different organizations and we went inside one of them and enjoyed a bite to eat. It was great to see the inside of a traditional Yurta and share some traditional Kazak food with Sveta and others. Her husband came along as well! He is a nice guy and they are a cute couple. They will have fireworks tonight and I am hoping I will be able to see them from the apartment. I have a great view, but in the wrong direction. I miss my hubby soooo much! Stephen is still saying “Dada” and seems to enjoy when I say “Nyet (No)– MOMMA!” He just sticks his tongue out and says “Dada.” It is too funny…all the caregivers are trying to get him to say “Momma,” but “Dada” is all we get out of him :-)

So, I am struggling over my blog invites. I truly want to continue the journey with the support from the adoption community that has helped me and encouraged me so much. Yet, someone out there gave information to that crazy lady and I am just uncertain who is out there that may wish to inflict pain and suffering on me and my family for some sick twisted reason. Aahhh – the internet…such a blessing and a curse all at once.

So since, in my opinion, the “reason” for Orson not wanting me to post pictures has now been eliminated I see no reason why I can’t post away. Our little cutie man cracks me up. He cracks himself up! He is ticklish EVERYWHERE and laughs so hard…he squints his eyes closed and puts him head down. Way too cute!

16 comments:

makandaddie said...

Dawn he is so darn cute!! I'm thrilled you posted his picture, and I agree that your e-mail "person" was the reason he told you not to post. I know how you feel about the Mama thing...we are going through that right now with our daughter. "Say Mama". "DADA" she to cracks up! It looks like things are warming up a bit. I sure hope, for the guy climbing in his undies, that those poles have been sanded VERY well! :)

Lisa Masse

Anonymous said...

Dawn, love the smiles and sleeping in your arms. The mama will come....love the picture of the guy climbing up the pole!! That must have been so fun to watch and see happen. Was it cold outside?

Thanks for inviting me....trusting me....and I would never do anything to break that trust and so sorry this happened to you.

Beckie

The Cook said...

Hey girl. Yopu are one popular chica! I love the pictures of Stephen maybe he will say Auntie Muriel???? Have you tried???? I love seeing you both smile. Happy New Year!

keoghclan said...

Dawn - I know I don't need to tell you but OMG he is adorable! What a handsome dude, those eyes!! I think you got yourself a little mischief maker there!!

So so happy for you, you look good and happy. I know it is hard to be without your husband, I hope the time goes fast. We will ALL rejoice the day you get home to the US with Stephen.

All families deserve a happy adoption process, your family has a special place in so many peoples hearts......we are with you. You are doing so great and we are very proud of you. You have shown so many of us how to be couragous and you have continued on in a process that has been so hard. Good for you!

BTW just had to have another look at that cute face.......Stephen is darn gorgeous!

Sarah said...

I love seeing the smiles on your face and on Stephen's face. You are simply glowing! :)

Our daughter had chicken pox while we were in KZ so she had the green stuff all over. I'll send you a picture! That stuff is crazy.

Sarah

Wendy said...

Dawn, thanks for inviting me to continue this journey with you:) He is georgous! What a smile!!!! I am so sorry about what has been happening! Stay strong!

Heidi said...

What a doll! He is absolutely adorable!! I'm so glad you were able to post pictures! I understand your fear and concern about posting, but I hope to be able to follow along!

Brenda said...

Dawn,
Hello and congratulations! We adopted Zhenya in 2004 from Almaty. He loved seeing your blog and is excited that Stephen is your son. We will all continue to pray you home! God has a big plan for Stephen! He is beautiful and looks so happy with Mama.
Blessings,
Brenda

Brenda said...

Dawn,
I showed Stephen's picture to own son, Zhenya who we adopted from Almaty in 2004. Zhenya is so happy that Stephen has a mama and papa and is coming to America. He looks so happy in Mama's arms. We will keep praying you home. God has a big plan for your son! Blessings, Brenda

Kim said...

Happy New Year!! How exciting to finally see Stephen! He is georgeous. I hope you get throught these days without Joe. (and thanks for inviting me!)

Thad and Ann said...

awww, he is so adorable!! I'm so glad you posted his pic's. I can tell he loves his Mommy. Both our boys said dad first in our house too, it will come soon. I couldn't wait until they started to say Mom. :-) Its the best feeling in the world!
Hugs-
ann

Melissa said...

Dawn, He is very cute! I am so thrilled for you. I dont know what has been going on with some lady? because I dont get a chance to read everyday due to the dynamic duo, but I hope it doesnt happen again for you.

Kevin had that same green medicine on in his mouth when we went to pick him up. Yuck

Sue said...

Finally pictures! What a handsome fellow he is! I am so happy for you and proud of you ! I finally figured out the google account thing -you've brought me into the new century. Glad to be able to comment and keep up with your journey.
Sue

Genevieve said...

Dawn, thank you so much for the invitation and for the gorgeous photos of your happy, handsome angel.

Happy new year! I wish you, Stephen and Joe a year of good health, smooth adjustments and a thousand giggles!

Warmly,
genevieve
a hopeful Kaz mummie

Jeremy & Debbie Groh said...

Dawn,
He is so darn cute. I am glad that Joe made it home ok. I am also so sorry that you have been put through everything and now to be harrassed is ridiculous. Keep the faith and your goal will be coming to an end soon. In the meantime enjoy your sweet child and the culture of Kaz.
Deb, Jay, & Sean

Unknown said...

Thanks for the invite to your blog, I have followed but not posted before. I am so happy for you and your son! Laura