Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Favorite Holiday

I have always loved Easter...obviously as a child it is so much fun to hunt for eggs and eat lots of chocolate:) As an adult though it is one of the few holidays that has not become too commercial and there is no pressure of what you "should" be doing on this day. It is a day to simply focus on our Father and the precious gift of salvation through His son.

I am so sad though. I miss Stephen so, so much. All I can do is go through the pictures over and over. Many have asked whether or not I am able to see him until court - sadly, NO. I hate it. There is already nothing to do here - seeing him was the only thing I had to look forward to each day.

Joe and I are hoping to get some inside information on "our chances" by tomorrow. We want to know if this is really a losing battle or if there is hope. I need to get out of here before I lose my mind. This inside information will be pretty conclusive. Apparently, most of these court decisions are made way before you even get to court. We will make our decision based on whatever information we receive.

Sadly, the "crazy lady" who e-mailed me when she was angry about losing her "referral" has arrived and I was told she was only shown unhealthy children. Orson apparently told her after she complained to him that he doesn't give a shit about her! WOW! I do pray that there is a child here for her. There must be at least one girl or boy who needs a home. As hurt and angry as I was at her horrible words...I do not wish this kind of pain on anyone.

Here is an update on my so-called best friend: she called me the day after we found out about Stephen's mother coming back and had the gall to complain to me about how I was treating her! Needless to say ~ the conversation was not pretty. She had the nerve to ask me "What did you expect me to call you every day?" Ummm...no, but once a week would have been nice - especially after I told you I needed you to call! Our friendship is over. I have no regrets and will never second-guess my decision. There are simply some things that friends must be there for - and this was certainly one of them. I would not give my friends anything less than I am asking in return. The timing could not have been worse, but I have other things to worry about right now. I forgive her, but she has lost the privilege of my friendship forevermore. I would rather be alone than be in a relationship that the other person does not value.

P.S. ~ Check out "Today's Verse" at the top of my blog. It is the perfect prayer for the circumstances and I am going to say it over and over until court.

14 comments:

The Cook said...

Happy Easter girl. I am sorry you are alone but know you are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you do not see that lady as she sounds like a nut. I am looking forward to seeing what tomorrow brings for you and Stephen.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, Dawn. My thoughts and prayers are for you. I am praying the Lord will bring the right judge in this decision to see that in the best interest of Stephen he should be getting on that plane with the one who is his MOMMY, and that is you! Thinking good thoughts for you and praying for the miracle of a world system that cares about this child and sees he should be with you and Joe.
We are praying.

Beckie

keoghclan said...

Happy Easter Dawn! I so hope you get good 'insider' news tomorrow. Will be going to church this morning and will add you to my intentions!.

Mary

Dana said...

Happy Easter! I hope you enjoy this day, being your favorite and all, even though things are up in the air. Dawn I am hoping and praying all day that tomarrow will bring you good news. I also hope you do not run into that woman.

Meena

The Heinrichs said...

HAPPY EASTER DAWN! Praying that you get some good news tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter, we are praying for you and Stephen.

Esther said...

Happy Easter! Still praying for you every day.

Brenda said...

Dawn,
Easter is my favorite holiday too! I shared your prayer needs in church today with people who used to live in Kaz. We are all praying for you! Brenda

Melissa said...

It is very sad that such a long friendship is wasted. Well, you still have us, your bloggy friends. Happy Easter.

Kim said...

Happy Easter! I'm sorry you had to spend it like you did. I pray that God will show His hand to you soon!!

Karla said...

Dear Dawn: I hope that somehow, you were able to "celebrate" Easter by knowing that, at some future time, all tears will be wiped away, all sorrow will be over, and everlasting joy will take it's place. Praise to God for His gracious love to us in the Beautiful Risen Christ!

I think that you are being very compassionate toward the other woman, mother-to-be who was so angry with you...Orson is not easy to deal with, I am praying that he and Nigmat go to bat for you with Stephen.

Hoping to hear good news any day now, Love, Karla (cpak)

Sue said...

We are praying for you! I wish I could send you a new DVD to watch or a new book to read - I know it gets old over there, and you've been far too long away from home. Is there anyone heading your way that can bring stuff over?
Sue

Genevieve said...

Happy Easter, Dawn, Joe and Stephen. I hope with all my heart that you three get some good news today.

love, genevieve

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry that your friendship is at an end. During these rough times, we certainly do learn who our true friends are. I went through a similar discovery process myself, and it is so heart-wrenching (on top of everything else you are dealing with).

My thoughts are with you and Joe, and I am fervently wishing for Stephen to be on a plane, heading home with you next week.