Wednesday, July 18, 2007

HOORAY for the US Embassy in Kazakhstan


OUR EFFORTS FINALLY PAID OFF!!! When the phone rang this evening at 10pm I didn't think it would be the US Embassy in Kazakhstan, but it was! (Muriel...I thought it was you - lol!) The Chief Consul was responding to the "numerous" e-mails and faxes they have received from us and on our behalf. Thank you all for your effort!!! We spoke at length...they know all about Orson and his antics. As a matter of fact he said Orson was "a train wreck."
But the focus was primarily on what took place while we were in Kazakhstan. I informed him of our first loss, Stas and then of course, Stephen. I gave him every name there is on our court documents and he is going to look into it immediately. THANK GOD! All we have wanted is answers....and - OUR SON! Based on what I explained he did not understand why we don't have Stephen. However, I can only tell him what I was told...who knows what the truth actually is.
Bottom line...he is going to find out what is going on with Stephen AND find out the truth about Stas. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU LORD!

16 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow! I hope he is able to get you some much-needed (and deserved) answers. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!

THE SCHAEFERS said...

WOW, what a great surprise phone call. We'll continue to pray you get answers and hopefully help in getting your son.

Laura said...

Oh, what wonderful news!! I pray they can find out SOMETHING for you!!

MyGirlElena said...

For your sake and the sake of Stephen, I hope you are all reunited.

Unknown said...

Oh MY Gosh... Dawn, this is HUGE!!!! I am so glad the efforts are paying off. Finally you just might get some answers, and of course we will keep up the prayers that you also get your son!!!!

HOORAY!!! this cheered me up on a bad day!!

Heidi said...

Woo hoo!!! I am so happy that steps are being made in the right direction. Hopefully you'll get some answers and be able to bring Stephen home.

Thad and Ann said...

YAY!! That's so awesome! What a surprise phone call. :) I hope & pray they can find out whats going on.
hugs-
Ann

Esther said...

Thank God. I'm so glad for you!

We too were so grateful to finally receive the truth in our case from the government officials from ZsaZsa's country. It's a relief & great to have the documentation in formal letters. In our case, it wasn't what we wanted to hear, it was a whole new twist on things, but at least the truth was finally out. What a relief. And good to have closure.

In your case, the babies are all still in the orphanages, so I'm hopeful they are available for adoption. ;o)

M- said...

What an awesome phone call to recieve at any time of the day. I hope you get your answers, and more importantly your son!

The Cook said...

I am so happy for you. Yeah! Great news and I kicked bootie in my argument today...all around a great day.

Kim said...

I hope you get some answers!! You definitely deserve it.

Kathy said...

Great news- keeping fingers crossed that you will hear from him soon. Kathy

Jenny and Matt said...

Wow. To actually get some answers would be amazing.
Best of luck..

The 5 McGills said...

Great news! Hopefully something positive will come from the Embassy's involvement.

Sam Sylar said...

I am so happy to hear that you heard something positive. So many people are hoping you get to bring your son home eventually and then all of this will have been worth it. Good luck and hang in there

Denyse said...

Yeah! I am so glad that someone from state is finally helping you. I will continue to pray that you and your son are together soon.